If you are looking to use video on demand for business or entertainment purposes, contact us. We can help your business plan the best VOD strategy tailored to meet your needs. If you are using VOD in a luxury hotel or educational institution for academic purposes, we can provide guidance and consultation services as well. Finally, if you need help with professional broadcasting and want our expertise on all the amazing features we offer, get started by contacting Live Streaming Service Singapore.
What is VOD?
VOD (video on demand) is a method of obtaining content from video libraries online without having to wait for traditional playing. Whereas traditional broadcast channels and media sources obliged users to watch content on their own time, VOD services allow viewers to watch videos whenever they want and on any device that supports it. VOD streaming differs from live video streaming in that it is pre-recorded rather than broadcast live.
How Does It Work?
Users can choose which videos they wish to watch at any time, as long as they are connected to the Internet, with video on demand. Different distribution methods can be used to stream video on demand, but OTT technology (Over-the-top technology) is used to power online VOD streaming. This method compresses and decompresses files so that they can be streamed over the Internet using a set of streaming protocols.
Benefits of VOD streaming:
- The average internet user spends 18 hours watching movies online every week, which makes it the most popular activity on the web.
- Video marketing is becoming more and more popular as companies realize that videos are not only effective, but they can also be tailored to the needs of your business. Nine out of ten businesses use video content in their marketing strategy today!
- Websites with video material are more likely to maintain the attention of visitors for a longer period time than sites without it.
- When it comes to buying a product, 50% of customers will check for videos before making their purchase.
- Video content is a highly effective way to communicate with your audience and maintain brand loyalty.
What exactly is a Video on Demand Hosting Platform?
There are numerous free platforms that may be used by vloggers and other “YouTubers,” but if you want to start a VOD platform that is secure, scalable, and easy to monetize, you’ll need a professional-grade solution.
In contrast, a professional video hosting platform provides features for revenue, video player customization, easy embedding, superior security, and API access.
These functions are available in an easy-to-use video content management system on a reputable VOD hosting platform (CMS).
There are a lot of great video-on-demand platform providers on the market today, but these VOD hosting platforms differ in both features and pricing. It’s important to consider your target audience before making any decisions so you can choose the right provider for what you need. If you’re interested in learning more about our company, we encourage you to contact us at Live Streaming Service Singapore.